And just like that its finally OCTOBER. My favourite month of the year. As well as being my birthday month (hello 26 by the way), its also the start of hot drinks, cozy jumpers and crackling leaves. The dream.
Also Autumn fashion is my favourite. Gorgeous coats, boots and woolly jumpers. Is there anything better?
– – –
Last month’s goals were way too ambitious. I only managed to achieve one of my goals. That’s something I’ve learned by writing these posts, that sometimes you can be too optimistic or overreaching with your goals. But I no longer beat myself up over it. There’s no point. Every month is a new gift of a fresh beginning to achieve something new. Every week, every day. So why would we waste time feeling bad about what we didn’t get around to. Simply reset, and start again.
Again, this month I’ve divided my goals up into different aspects of my life – food, fitness, well-being, social life and work.
I find this helps me to stay on track (mostly) and it also boosts my self-confidence by showing me that I have more to life than just one aspect (work for example). Its so important to take care of yourself and challenge yourself holistically.
So anyway, on to my monthly goals.
- Plan meals once a week using my journal and tick off meals as they’re done.
- Cook healthy meals using natural ingredients during the week, use spices and herbs instead of ready-made sauces
- Make packed lunches for work during the week
- Drink more herbal tea and less coffee
- Go to hockey practice twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Play one hockey match a week (Sunday)
- Do Fit With Her home workouts twice a week ( Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Practice yoga with Yoga With Adriene YouTube channel once a week (Tuesdays)
- Use my journal to write my weekly goals on Sunday evenings
- Plan a pamper night once a week
- Take myself on a nice walk alone and leave my phone off
- Write 5 things I’m grateful for in my journal on Sunday evening
- Practice mindfulness by using grounding techniques (54321 technique)
- Text a friend or two to check in (I’m not a call person)
- Make an effort to eat meals with other people every day in work and at home
- Meet a friend once a week for coffee, walk or drinks
- Only spend less than an hour a day working at home, do majority of work in school (I’m a teacher)
- Write one thing that worked well in work every day
- Give myself one full day off a week
- Write monthly blog plan using my blog planner
- Use social media to promote my blog and to interact with other bloggers and followers
Let me know what you think of my October goals. I’ve worked to make them SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timed), so I hope that they will be more achievable.
What are your October goals?